Everyone who eats chicken should have a simple and quick chicken dish that they can whip up on a weekday. Although I call it a recipe because I’ve given the detailed directions, it’s really a template because there are probably infinite ways you can vary the basic cooking techniques to come up with your own version.
This recipe works for me on so many levels (besides how simple and easy it is to make):
- it incorporates vegetables, so it’s really a 1 dish meal that only needs a starch and salad;
- it uses only 1 pan, which makes the person who cleans up your mess (maybe you) very happy;
- it has sauce, so it’s moist;
- it’s incredibly adaptable – you can make it as long as you have chicken, chicken broth, cooking oil, some vegetables and an herb or two; and
- it’s great reheated the next day, so you can make it ahead of time, or enjoy the leftovers.